Embrace Gratitude: November Newsletter - A Season of Thanks
As the leaves paint the world with vibrant hues and the scent of pumpkin spice fills the air, we welcome November with sweaters, scarves, mittens and warm boots! Here in Cle Elum, we went from 70 degree and sunny weather one day and 40 degree for a high and the chance for snow the next! In this edition of our newsletter, we bring you a delightful blend of topics that celebrate the essence of this month, from Thanksgiving and fall observations to how to navigate the holidays.
1. Giving Thanks - The Heart of November November is synonymous with gratitude. We encourage you to take a moment to reflect on the blessings in your life and express your thanks to those who matter most.
2. 10 Things to Notice This Fall In this season of change, there's a world of wonder to observe.
The change in the weather
What the weather feels like
How you've grown this year
What change feels like
What is important to you right now
What is bringing you joy
What is depleting you
Who you enjoy spending time with
How you can love people around you better
What things make you feel at home
3. The Holiday Season Approaches As we dive headfirst into November, it's a gentle reminder that the holiday season is just around the corner and we always need a reminder on how to navigate the holidays. Here are five steps to take care of your mental health during the holiday season:
1. **Prioritize Self-Care**: The holiday season can be busy and overwhelming, so it's crucial to make self-care a priority. Set aside time for yourself to relax and recharge. Whether it's reading a book, taking a bath, practicing mindfulness, or engaging in a favorite hobby, find activities that bring you joy and relaxation.
2. **Manage Expectations**: The holidays often come with high expectations, from hosting the perfect gathering to giving the ideal gifts. Be realistic about what you can accomplish and remember that it's okay to ask for help. Don't strive for perfection; focus on creating enjoyable moments and meaningful connections.
3. **Set Boundaries**: Boundaries are essential for maintaining your mental health. Learn to say no when necessary, whether it's to additional commitments, events, or requests that may lead to stress or overwhelm. It's okay to prioritize your well-being and choose events and responsibilities that align with your mental health needs.
4. **Stay Connected**: While the holidays can be a source of joy, they can also be lonely for some. Stay connected with loved ones, even if it's through virtual meetings or phone calls. Share your feelings and concerns with trusted friends or family members who can offer support. Isolation can exacerbate mental health issues, so reaching out is vital.
5. **Practice Gratitude**: The holidays are an excellent time to focus on gratitude. Each day, take a moment to reflect on what you're thankful for. Gratitude can shift your mindset from stress and anxiety to appreciation and positivity. Consider keeping a gratitude journal to record the things you're grateful for each day.
Remember that it's entirely normal to feel a range of emotions during the holiday season. If you find that you're struggling with your mental health, it's essential to seek professional help. Don't hesitate to reach out if you're in need of additional assistance and support.
Taking these steps to care for your mental health during the holiday season can help you enjoy the festivities while maintaining your overall well-being.
4. Creating Your Vision for 2024 In the spirit of looking ahead, we're launching a series of workshops to help you create a vision for 2024. Unlock your potential, set goals, and design a roadmap for your dreams. Keep an eye out for registration details and early bird discounts. January is the perfect time to create a vision board and I love hosting these workshops!
With November's arrival, we embrace a season of thanksgiving, reflection, and anticipation. It's a time to cherish the present while preparing for the future.
Stay tuned for an exciting and meaningful month ahead. As always, your support is the greatest blessing, and we're grateful for your continued presence in our community.
Wishing you a month filled with gratitude, togetherness, and cherished moments. Happy November!
Until Next Time,